Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Polish Dinner


View Larger Map

Lomzinianka
646 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY

We got here in good time despite having gotten a bit lost and having difficulties
talking to a wanting-to-be-helpful Polish shopkeeper but we found it before I was going to use my lifeline of "phone-a-friend". The place is cosy, has a artificial fireplace and some interesting wall pieces including a antler's head- how tasteful that is I am not quite sure.
Here we ran into the problem of making choices as most stuff had meat and I was wondering how my vegetarian friend Chris survived here and actually liked it! The Polish platter that we decided to go for had only the pirogi
es which were vegetarian and what I tested for Hanifa so that she wouldn't have to sin by eating unfamiliar meat. The sausage and the stuffed cabbage were quite nice actually...and it was accompanied by the omni present mashed potatoes. Oh, we also had some Polish colas which just reminded us of (South Asian) Rooh-Afza! And I stuffed myself to the core cos I think ate for the both of us!
All in all service was fine, food was fine (just scant for vegetarians) and the price for the platter was a steal for sure...with the colas and tip, the bill came up to a measly $12!


No comments:

Post a Comment