Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Belgian fries


View Larger Map

Pommes Frites
123 2nd Ave, New York, NY

One night some time ago, I walked past this place and someone commented - "Best damn fries in new york"...and ofcourse, everything in the big apple seems to be the best anywhere to the people here (and he seemed just another drunk in new york!) so I did not pay much attention. After the chokable artichokes though, I was in the mod for something cooked and Hanifa came up with this one. Kay left us as she wasn't on the top of things having no voice and being slightly out of it so the original team went to this place. A regular size of fries with Mango chutney mayo (!!!) was about $6 with tip...and it filled me up halfway!! I accuse the artichokes to have done that to my body! Anywho, it was the end to our trip and Spanish, Romanian, Ethiopian and Turkish will have to wait for another day. Plus, we reached our target of 50 bucks for all the food we had in the past two days- and there were valuable lessons learnt.
The fries were quite good and fresh as was the quite exotic mayo- but does it deserve the moniker of best fries? I can't be sure as I haven't had many fries but I will play along! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment